Saturday, April 22, 2017

It's Complicated...

Before I start, I want to share with you all the first thing I thought of when I found out the topic of our blog posts would be, "It's Complicated". 

Image result for the complication shake it up

I had no idea what to write for this blog post. I was actually getting kind of frustrated because I usually think of these kinds of things  right away. So, I started thinking,

"Ugh, I can't think of anything! I would write about (insert  idea here) but I wouldn't want to post that. I also have to think of the response that could result from the topic, and how it would affect the rest of my posts. The topic has to meet or exceed expectations and fit with the overall theme of my blog as a whole. It's so hard to write a blog post. There's so much to think about!"

That's it. Writing a blog is complicated.

Here is what I think about before I write a blog post.

1. Does it match the topic/criteria given with the assignment of this post?
The reason I ask myself this is pretty obvious. I don't want to get a bad grade on the post, so I always follow the directions given to me.

2. Does it display the message intended for it to display?
This is definitely one of the most important parts of writing a blog post. If I want to teach the readers some sort of lesson, or tell them something, I want them to understand that. If the readers don't take something out of my post, then what is the point of even writing it? There is no sense in trying to write anything if it doesn't have a purpose. For example, the purpose of this post is for readers to know how I write my blog posts and possibly even give them ideas for writing their blogs.

3. Does it fit the overall theme of my blog?
This may seem like a weird one, but most people follow this rule without even thinking about it. I want my blog to stay consistent. I'm not going to write one post in old English and the rest in regular English. (Unless, of course, if it has something to do with the topic.) Or for example, I'm not going to change the font for two posts and not the rest.

4. Will it attract the correct response?
I'm not going to explain this one too much, but basically, I want my blogs to generate the kind of response intended for them, without sacrificing the style or content of the writing.

I decided to end this post with links to some other blogs that I found and liked. I just went through the list on Mrs. Joyner's blog and looked at random ones, so don't think I was stalking you or anything. :)

http://kyliesworld16.blogspot.com/
http://theblogofacolor.blogspot.com/
http://itisallaconspiracyfolks.blogspot.com/



2 comments:

  1. I can relate to you so much! I can usually never think of anything to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I use this blog post next year to help people write better posts???

    ReplyDelete