Monday, December 12, 2016

A-B-I-G-A-I-WHAT? (The real one)

AHHH! I posted the wrong version of this! Sorry! I fixed the one with the bullet points, but I never saved it, so here is the good post.

I know you want me to say, "My name is the Southwest Northern-eastern European language for peace, and it symbolizes the long journey my Great-great-grandmother made from Mauilahanolili, a small town in the country of Hoobidyshlabidy on Mars."

But unfortunately, that's not quite what happened.

My great-grandmother. I would have liked to know her. A kind, compassionate woman who loved her grandchildren more than anything else in the world.

Betty was her name. My middle name, Bayla, came from her name.

At school, some people say it like it's garbage. They say it as if they were holding it with their index finger and thumb as they carried it to the trash can to try to rid themselves of the overwhelming stench.

But in my house, my name is a song, a wonderful word to describe myself, a good thing. I like to focus on this one. :)

I like my name, and I have no interest in changing it even if I could. If I had to I would change it to Emily, but that would only be if there was no other option, and I couldn't find any loopholes. If I was a boy I would be Ben. If I wasn't Abby I would be Rachel. But, I like my name and I'm proud of it, too. :)
Image result for abigail name

2 comments: